EZ 101 Tankless Water Heater
CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK
Please check out our sister brand the Aquaking Outdoorsman, Only $134.95 Free Shipping, By Clicking The Link Below
This is our most economical model, the bread and butter of our range of tankless on demand water heaters and retails at an amazingly low price.
This unit was designed and built to last. It is feature laden and very versatile. Internally it goes by many names, such as the camping model, the workshop model or portable model. It really is that versatile.
The simple design is aesthetically pleasing and the design brief was to make a rugged powerful water heater. We think that we got it right! It exemplifies the EZ Tankless philosophy, as it easy to use, easy to install, and easy on the pocket!
This model delivers up to 1.6 gallons per minute of consistent and continuous hot water which makes it a perfect point of use water heater. Features such as low water pressure ignition, which means that this heater can function at very low hot water requirements or with very low incoming cold water pressure.
Naturally there is no place in modern society for appliances with a pilot light, so we went with battery operated electronic ignition, so that no plug-in is required, making this the perfect unit for garage, barn, or outbuildings. If you are concerned about the battery durability, don’t be. In tests all units lasted a year or more before batteries (2 “D” cells - Alkaline) needed replacement.
This unit is an excellent choice for people who need occasional on-demand hot water. Our LP model is ideal for use during hunting or camping expeditions, or you may chose to use this hot water heater for semi-permanent OUTDOOR installations at long term camp sites, small lake homes or cabins.
In fact, if you can think of a situation where you need hot water, and have a source of cold water nearby, we believe that the EZ 101 will make the perfect water heater!
EZ101 Outdoor - Features and Benefits
- Fully-automatic operation. Simply turn on the water spigot or shower, hot water will arrive in a few moments. After the tap is turned off, the tankless heater will automatically extin guish itself.
- Shower Head with hose included with unit.
- Aesthetically pleasing and simple design features make this unit easy to use and install as well as unobtrusive.
- Electronic control system via computer chip is advanced and extremely reliable. No plug-in is required. The "No pilot light" design is safe and convenient, using automatic ignition to further your energy savings. (The ignition electrical source is supplied by two "D" cells)
- Sensitive ion flame sensor will cut the gas supply if the flame goes out unexpectedly.
- Insufficient water pressure protection.
- The 20-minute safety timer reduces the risk of carbon-monoxide poisoning if improperly ventilated.
- Featuring a precise and safe water flow sensor to stabilize the exit water flow.
- Independent control of water flow and gas flow making it easy to regulate the water temperature.
- If the water supply is interrupted, the gas valve will automatically turn off.
- High thermal efficiency and superb combustion performance.
- With a winter-summer switch and double proportional valves, the inlet water temperature range is much wider.
- Low water pressure ignition. The heater can function at 15 PSI water pressure. Making this unit suitable for use at high altitude or those using well water with older or less powerful pumping systems. For example; As tested in our USA laboratory, this unit can easily operate via a garden hose inlet water supply.
Easy to use controls can preset the desired water temperature before use, making this unit more convenient.
(For your reference, normal bath water temperature is about 105°F.)
Warning If installing this unit indoors in cold climates there is risk of backdraft which can cause the internal water pipes in the heat exchanger to freeze, crack, and leak.
Warning This unit requires a minimum room combustion air "unconfined" space of 2050 cubic feet. This is why this unit is designed for outdoor use. Be safe, when mounting a tankless heater indoors, always use a direct vent model like our EZ-ULTRA or EZ-DELUXE.
Disclaimer EZ Tankless accepts no responsibility for a unit that is damaged because of improper installation or freezing. For more information click here.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Fluctuations in water pressure will cause fluctuations in hot water temperature. All tankless heaters work this way. If you wish to use this for showering, and you are taking the incoming water from a well that operates with a pump that switches on and off, you may wish to use a simple pressure regulator on the supply line. This will stabilize the pressure coming into the heater and in turn provide a consistent temperature for comfortable showering. In addition, the user should always pre-filter the incoming water supply. For more information, click here.
INFORMATION FOR "REMOTE" USERS: - Cabin, Camping, Barn, Tool-Shed, or Workshop. A lake or deep-woods cabin, campsite, workshop or outbuilding is perfect for the installation of a tankless type water heater. In rural America it is common for a homeowner to have a barn, workshop or tool shed that is some distance from the home. If cold water is plumbed to this building, a tankless unit can supply hot water for showering, cooking, washing vehicles, hand washing, and general cleaning needs. You may wish to install the unit near the sink and in this case a small unit will be perfect and economical to purchase. You may wish to use one that is fired by LP gas and a small tank can be easily installed for this purpose and may easily last the whole season or longer. Just like your outdoor barbeque, you must remember to turn off the gas valve after each use to insure that the LP does not leak away. Some people have large LP tanks for the furnace in the workshop and/or rural home. We have models for this type of gas. Additionally, in a workshop or garage installation there is no open pilot light to worry about.
In fact, we have customers with remote mountain cabins and campsites who are using our EZ-101 model with a small LP tank. Some are getting their water from a gravity feed system via a holding tank or down hill gravity fed delivery system. Some are using gasoline powered pumps to pick-up mountain stream or spring water and deliver it to the cabin via hose or plastic pipe. Our customers never cease to amaze us with their diverse and innovative ways to supply their remote locations with easy hot water for cooking, cleaning, and showering.
Demonstration of the EZ101 outdoor tankless heater
|rated heat input (kW)
||(12) 42,000 btu
hot water supply (GPM)
(for 45 °F temp. rise)
Water Temp Charts
||17.5" x 11.8" x 4.7"
|water pressure (PSI)
||15 - 100 PSI
|thermal efficiency rating
|gas type & rated gas pressure Pa (PSI) (WCI)
||LPG 2800 (0.46) (11")
||2 x D-Cell Batteries (Not Included)
||25" x 15 " x 8 "
|G.W./N.W. kg (U.S. Pounds)
||6.1/4.9 (13.4/10.8 lbs.)