EZ 202 Outdoor Tankless Water Heater
Tested by us in our USA laboratory. this model is aesthetically pleasing and has simple design features that make this unit easy to use and install as well as unobtrusive if located within view of working spaces. This model delivers up to 3.2 gallons per minute of consistent and continuous hot water at a 45°F rise. With low water pressure ignition, this heater can function under 0.02Mpa (2.9 Psi) of water pressure. No plug-in is required, making this the perfect unit for garage, barn, or outbuildings. This "No pilot light" design is safe and convenient, using automatic ignition to further your energy savings. (The ignition electrical source is supplied by two "D" cells) For example; As tested in our USA laboratory, this unit can easily operate via a garden hose inlet water supply. This unit is an excellent choice for persons needing occasional on-demand hot water. Our LP model is ideal for use during hunting or camping expeditions, or you may chose to use this heater for semi-permanant OUTDOOR installations at long term camp sites, small lake homes or cabins. Or for those who live in remote rustic cabins and homes with one bath.
Features and Benefits
- Fully-automatic operation. Simply turn on the water spigot or shower, hot water will arrive in a few moments. After the tap is turned off, the tankless heater will automatically extinguish itself.
- Aesthetically pleasing and simple design features make this unit easy to use and install as well as unobtrusive.
- No plug-in is required. The "No pilot light" design is safe and convenient, using automatic ignition to further your energy savings. (The ignition electrical source is supplied by two "D" cells)
- Sensitive ion flame sensor will cut the gas supply if the flame goes out unexpectedly.
- Insufficient water pressure protection.
- The 20-minute safety timer reduces the risk of carbon-monoxide poisoning if improperly ventilated.
- Featuring a precise and safe water flow sensor to stabilize the exit water flow.
- Independent control of water flow and gas flow making it easy to regulate the water temperature.
- If the water supply is interrupted, the gas valve will automatically turn off.
- High thermal efficiency and superb combustion performance.
- With a three position winter-summer switch and double proportional valves, the inlet water temperature range is much wider.
- Low water pressure ignition. The heater can function at 15 PSI water pressure. Making this unit suitable for use at high altitude or those using well water with older or less powerful pumping systems. For example; As tested in our USA laboratory, this unit can easily operate via a garden hose inlet water supply.
Easy to use controls can preset the desired water temperature before use, making this unit more convenient.
(For your reference, normal bath water temperature is about 105°F.)
WARNING: If installing this unit indoors in cold climates there is risk of backdraft which can cause the internal water pipes in the heat exchanger to freeze, crack, and leak.
WARNING: This unit requires a minimum room combustion air "unconfined" space of 4050 cubic feet. This is why this unit is designed for outdoor use. Be safe, when mounting a tankless heater indoors, always use a direct vent model like our EZ DELUXE.
DISCLAIMER: EZ Tankless accepts no responsibility for a unit that is damaged because of improper installation or freezing. For more information click here.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Fluctuations in water pressure will cause fluctuations in hot water temperature. All tankless heaters work this way. If you wish to use this for showering, and you are taking the incoming water from a well that operates with a pump that switches on and off, you may wish to use a simple pressure regulator on the supply line. This will stabilize the pressure coming into the heater and in turn provide a consistent temperature for comfortable showering. In addition, the user should always pre-filter the incoming water supply. For more information, click here.
Initial set-up of the EZ202 Tankless Water Heater
You must install Adobe Flash to view this content.
|rated heat input (kW)
||(24) 84,000 btu
hot water supply (GPM)
(for 45 °F temp. rise)
Water Temp Charts
||27.5" x 14.5" x 5.5"
|water pressure (PSI)
||15 - 100 PSI
|thermal efficiency rating
|gas type & rated gas pressure Pa (PSI) (WCI)
||LPG 2800 (0.46) (11")/NG 2000 (0.29) (8")
||2 x D-Cell Batteries (Not Included)
||31" x 16.5 " x 8.7 "
|G.W./N.W. kg (U.S. Pounds)
||12.1/10.1 (26.7/22.3 lbs.)